CBD and vaping are two markets which have experienced significant growth over the last few years. Riding the wave of popularity comes Ignite CBD, a company with an intense focus on CBD vape products such as vape pens and vape pods.
Vaping is an incredibly effective way to get an instant dose of CBD. This is because inhaling CBD vapor enables the CBD to enter your bloodstream much faster than edibles or drops. So it’s no wonder that Ignite was an instant explosive success when they first appeared on the CBD market. But do Ignite’s products live up to the hype? We’ve taken a closer look into the Ignite product line in order to give you a better understanding of this trendy company.
About Ignite CBD
Ignite CBD was started by Dan Bilzerian. Unlike many CBD company founders, Dan Bilzerian doesn’t have a background in health, science, or cannabis. Dan instead enjoyed several years in the spotlight as a world-renowned poker player and self-proclaimed “king of Instagram”. Dan gained a personal interest in the healing powers of CBD and decided to team up with adrenaline sports enthusiast and longtime cannabis industry veteran Josh Carranze in order to launch the next generation of CBD companies.
From the start, Ignite has had a flashier and more interactive approach to their business and marketing. In addition to a flashy product launch at Dan’s Bel Air mansion, the team has also launched a Twitch channel and interactive community revolved around CBD’s role in the active 21st-century lifestyle.
Ignite’s products are sourced from high-quality hemp and are guaranteed to be 100% THC free, so no need to worry about accidentally getting high or failing a drug test. Their line also features three distinct blends, calm, recharge, and lucid, formulated to focus on the areas of your life that are most in need of a boost from CBD.
Ignite CBD product line
Though Ignite’s catalog is heavily focused on vaping, they also offer some CBD oil drops and toothpicks for those looking for other means of acquiring their daily CBD fix. Here is a quick glance at Ignites product line.
Ignite disposable vape pens
By far the largest portion of Ignites catalog to date is their disposable vape pens. These high-quality pens were given the award of “Best CBD vape pen” at the 2018 High Times Cannabis Cup! The entire line costs about $45 a piece and each pen is loaded with 500 mg of pure CBD. That’s enough CBD to enjoy 25 mg a day for 20 days.
Ignites vape pens are guaranteed to be 100% THC free and sourced from premium quality hemp. They come in three distinct styles with multiple flavor choices for each style.
- Calm vape pen: designed for use in the evenings or anytime you want to wind down, the calm vape pen is ideal for those who suffer from anxiety, insomnia, muscles spasms, and pain. In addition to its medicinal uses, Ignite Calm is also a great way to just relax your mind and body after a particularly trying work week. Calm is available in soothing lavender and whimsical bubble gum flavors and produces thick clouds bursting with flavor.
- Recharge vape pen: Clearly inspired by Ignite co-founder Josh Carranze’s love of sports and adventure, the recharge vape pens are designed to wake you up and keep you energized. This makes Recharge the perfect daytime vape, with some users even claiming these popular pens have replaced their morning cup of coffee! Recharge CBD vape pens come in invigorating tropical fruit and refreshing tangerine flavors and produce smooth and pure clouds of flavor.
- Lucid vape pen: The exciting final formulation in the Ignite line is designed especially for those with big projects ahead of them that require the utmost focus and attention to detail. A favorite among ADHD sufferers, Lucid vape pens help you hone in your concentration and reel in your creative mind in order to produce results. This vape will leave you feeling clear-headed and ultra-motivated. Lucid vape pens come in tantalizing blood orange, tropical fruit, and powerful spearmint.
Ignite rechargeable CBD vape pens
A more recent addition to the Ignite product line is their rechargeable vape pens. To create this line, Ignite collaborated with Bo Vaping. Bo Vaping has a long-standing reputation for quality vaping equipment. Pair that with Ignite’s premium CBD oils and you have a recipe for success.
The pens can be refilled using Ignite’s disposable CBD pods which contain 1.5 ml of top of the line CBD oil. The pens themselves feature a ceramic coating, ergonomic design, magnetic USB charger, and 380mAh rechargeable battery.
Though the initial investment is a bit higher than the disposable pens, those who plan on continuing to vape long term will end up saving money in the long run. Plus, rechargeable pens are much more environmentally friendly.
Currently, the only downside to Ignites rechargeable pens are the limited flavor pod options, available only in tropical fruit and blood orange at this time. Hopefully, more flavor options will be made available soon.
Ignite CBD drops
For those who aren’t quite on board with the vaping trend, Ignite offers some quality alternatives. The first of which is their classic CBD oil drops. CBD oil is still the most popular method for getting your daily dose of CBD on the market today, and Ignite offers a quality oil that can stand amongst the top dogs in the oil market today. Available in 4 flavors, Ignite’s CBD oils are formulated using full-spectrum THC-free CBD. Each flavor is focused on producing different effects depending on your needs.
- Tropical fruit drops: These delightfully exotic tropical fruit drops are available in 30 ml bottles and contain 1,000 mg of CBD. All the Ignite CBD oil droppers come with easy to understand measurements on the dropper itself to help you assure you’re getting the proper dosage each time. The effects of the tropical fruit drops are happy, euphoric, and slightly busy. Ignite tropical fruit drops are free of THC, toxins, pesticides, and GMOs.
- Blood orange drops: Formulated with energy in mind, Ignite’s blood orange CBD oil drops are perfect for daytime use or those with highly active lifestyles. Available in 30 ml bottles at a potency of 1,000 mg and with Ignite’s ingenious integrated easy drop applicator. Blood orange drops have a tangy citrus flavor and are free of THC, pesticides, GMOs, and toxins for a clean boost.
- Lavender drops: Enhanced with calming lavender, Ignite’s lavender CBD oil drops are perfect for winding down or nighttime use. Featuring full spectrum CBD benefits, the lavender drops calm your muscles and nerves, help promote restful sleep, and even help with epilepsy and chronic pain. Free of THC, pesticides, toxins, GMOs and available in 30 ml bottles with Ignites integrated easy drop system.
- Natural unflavored drops: For those who prefer the natural flavors of hemp, Ignite’s unflavored drops are blended with natural coconut oil and designed to exhilarate. Featuring all natural non-GMO ingredients, Ignites unflavored drops are gluten-free, THC free, and vegan-friendly. Available in 30 ml bottles with 1,000 mg of pure, full spectrum CBD. Can be used both orally and topically for mind, body, and soul.
The final product in the Ignite catalog that we’re going to take a closer look at is something unique to Ignite, CBD toothpicks.
Ignites CBD toothpicks come in a variety of flavors and effects and are designed to be chewed on slowly throughout the day. Each toothpick contains 25 mg of full spectrum CBD. As you chew, the CBD enters your bloodstream quickly through your gums and sublingual cavity.
In addition to providing the usual mental and physical benefits of CBD, Ignites CBD toothpicks are especially beneficial for relieving oral pain. CBD toothpicks are also a great way to get your CBD fix in areas where vaping is prohibited and have been found by some to be a great way to curb cigarette cravings.
Ignite toothpicks are available in all three Ignite categories- calm, recharge, and lucid –and a variety of flavors, such as lemongrass, mango mint, coffee, cinnamint, and passion fruit orange. The recharge toothpicks also have an added dose of caffeine to enhance their energetic characteristics.
Pros and cons of Ignite
- An impressive variety of flavors and formulas: Ignites wide variety of flavors and effect formulas mean there is bound to be something in the Ignite line for everyone.
- Affordable: Ignite’s products are quite affordable compared to some of the other players on the market, making them a great value and an easy entry-level point for those just starting with CBD.
- Comes with access to an online community of CBD enthusiasts: Ignite’s Twitch channel, online community, and live streams will help you stay up to date with the CBD community.
- THC free: All Ignite’s products are guaranteed to be 100% THC free, meaning there is no risk of psychoactive effects or potentially failing a drug test.
- A limited selection of rechargeable vape pod flavors: Given the wide variety of options in the disposable vape pen line, we’d like to see more available in the pods.
- No third party lab verifications of their website: Though peer reviews are good, there are no third party lab tests available on Ignite’s website to back up their potency and full spectrum claims.
Overall review of Ignite’s CBD line
Overall, Ignite’s product line is exciting, innovative, and affordable. This is no doubt the reason behind their quick explosion in popularity. However, we’d like to see a bit more transparency in the form of third-party lab testing. All in all, 3.5 stars.