As the CBD industry continues to grow, it is important to look into any company you are considering buying from. Since the industry is currently unregulated, it is easy for a company to claim that their product is better than it really is.
This guide will examine the Lazarus Naturals company. This company boasts high ratings in categories ranging from customer service to the effectiveness of their product. When it comes to CBD, Lazarus Naturals knows what they are doing. 100% employee-owned, Lazarus Naturals has two lines of products: standard and high potency. These products serve a range of customers who use CBD for many different reasons.
About Lazarus Naturals
This company is truly a natural company. There are many aspects of this company that make it a great choice for CBD products.
- Lazarus Naturals is American owned and operated.
- The products are non-GMO.
- All products are gluten-free and most are vegan. The ones that are not vegan only contain beeswax as an additional ingredient. No preservatives are used.
- The company was founded in 2014.
- Researchers, cannabis industry experts, and farmers work together to craft a truly unique product.
- Third-party laboratory testing is a standard part of the “naturals” experience.
- These tests are used to show the consistency of their product, as well as confirm the potency.
- Kosher ethanol is used to extract the CBD, lowering company costs which lowers the cost of the product.
- In an effort to help others afford CBD who may have issues buying it otherwise, Lazarus Naturals offers a 60% discount to veterans of the United States military, those with long-term disabilities, or those from low-income households (pending verification).
- Based in Washington state, Lazarus Naturals comes from an area known for highly reviewed CBD products.
What Third-Party Testing Reveals About Lazarus Naturals
Third-party lab testing looks for many different items to ensure consumer safety and CBD efficacy. Here are a few things that are tested for:
- The presence of toxic metals
- The presence of pesticides and solvents
- The potency of the CBD
- Quality analysis
Batches undergo multiple rounds of testing to confirm results. Lazarus Naturals takes this opportunity to shine, once again, by also testing the hemp they receive.
The Importance of Hemp’s Ecosystem
Hemp is a plant that absorbs everything from the ground around it. That is why importing hemp can be dangerous, as the soil may not be tested or analyzed. Lazarus Naturals tests their hemp for:
- Heavy metals
- Re-testing for all of the above plus residual solvent after the extraction has occurred
- Oil that later is transformed into an isolate is tested a third time
Although Lazarus Naturals uses a solvent, it is the same solvent found in alcoholic drinks, making this procedure a relatively safe one. Batch test results are publicly displayed.
Types of Products Sold at Lazarus Naturals
Lazarus Naturals offers a line of CBD products suited for different needs, and sometimes, different tastes. Not all products have flavoring options, but a few of them do.
1) Lazarus Naturals Standard Potency CBD Oils
These oils come in three different sizes: 15, 60, and 120 mL. Each serving is 15 mg, and there are no flavor options with this product.
2) Lazarus Naturals High Potency CBD Oils
There are two main differences between this product and the standard line.
- Although the bottles come in the same sizes, a serving of high potency is 60 mg.
- There are a few different flavors available: tropical breeze, chocolate mint, French vanilla mocha, spearmint, and flavorless.
- The high potency line lasts for six hours per dose.
3) Lazarus Naturals CBD Capsules
The capsules are not available in flavors, but they come in many different package sizes (4, 10, 20, 40, or 200-count). Potency can also vary, available in 10, 25, 50, 100 or 200 mg per capsule. Some potencies, however, are only available in certain package sizes.
4) Lazarus Naturals Coconut Oil
Some people like to cook CBD-infused foods. This coconut oil is a great method of using CBD-infused cooking. A vegan-friendly, gluten-free option, the Lazarus Naturals Coconut oil only contains two ingredients, making it very pure.
The two ingredients are 100% organic coconut oil and pure CBD distillate. Each tablespoon contains 50 mg of CBD, and jars are available in both 1-ounce and 4-ounce sizes.
5) Lazarus Naturals Pet Products
Many people are beginning to use CBD oil to help support the general health of their pets, as well. Our furry friends are mammals, just like we are, and also have an endocannabinoid system for CBD to help regulate.
Containing 0.5 mg per drop, the Lazarus Naturals dog and cat pet tinctures have both 0.5-ounce and 2-ounce bottles with droppers. For those who do not want to administer the CBD through the dropper, it can be mixed into wet pet food, as well.
6) Lazarus Naturals CBD Isolate
These products are a 99% CBD isolate, as well as bulk isolate crystals for those who are more the “do it yourself” type who want to make their own CBD-infused items. These isolates can be bought raw or infused with terpenes.
There are many flavors available:
- Hawaiian Citrus
- Blood Orange
- Lemon Lime
- Valencia Orange
The isolates are available in 1-gram tubs, but the bulk isolates come in 20 or 50-gram tubs. These also last for up to six hours.
Another benefit to the CBD Isolate is that is a zero THC product. For those uncomfortable with products that contain a little THC, or those worried about passing a drug test, this is a great option.
7) Lazarus Naturals CBD Sample Packs
Can’t decide what to try first? Well, there is a product for you, too! The sample pack allows you to try a few different things at one time. Both the standard and high potency lines have sample packs. Each pack contains a 15 ml bottle of CBD oil, a 1-ounce tub of CBD coconut oil, and a bottle of ten CBD capsules.
8) Lazarus Naturals CBD Balm
Available in soothing mint, lavender, and cedar citrus, these balms come in 2-ounce containers. The balms contain 1200 mg of CBD. Half a teaspoon equals 50 mg of CBD.
Because of the strength of the balm, it is easy to just put a little on your lips and go. The small container will last a long time.
9) Lazarus Naturals Full Spectrum CBD Massage Oil
This topical oil can be rubbed into areas of the body that need external treatment, such as sore muscles. Each tablespoon contains 50 mg of CBD oil.
10) Lazarus Naturals CBD RSO
The RSO, or Rick Simpson Oil, helps control portions. It can be mixed into food or edibles. It is available in both 10 mL or 50 mL.
- There are no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
- Note that if you are not supposed to eat grapefruit, you should talk to your doctor before using this product. Some medicines that grapefruit’s enzymes can interfere with can also see interference from CBD.
More information about the RSO can be found at http://www.lazarusnaturals.com.
If you would rather view products instead of ordering at random off of the website, there are also a number of physical locations where Lazarus Naturals products are sold. A complete list can be found on their website.
The Best Parts of Lazarus Naturals
There are many benefits to choosing Lazarus Naturals as your CBD supplier.
- The company offers free shipping to all 50 states with orders over $50. This is amazing! Not many companies offer free shipping, and this can easily save you around $8 a month.
- Lazarus Naturals also ship to a number of countries outside of the United States. To see if your country is on the list, go to the Lazarus Naturals website.
- The high potency line of CBD is difficult to find elsewhere. Most companies do not offer potency over 25 milligrams, but the high potency line at Lazarus Naturals is 60 milligrams, which is practically unheard of.
- Not only does Lazarus Naturals offer third-party testing results, but they also pride themselves in sourcing their hemp from domestic farms that offer high-quality hemp.
- The 60% discount for those who are struggling or who have served in the military shows their care for the community.
- Lazarus Naturals also donates product to different organizations, showing their commitment to giving back.
- Beginning in 2019, Lazarus Naturals has been able to source all of its incoming hemp from its own farm in Oregon. Other hemp is also obtained from Oregon, under industry standards related to the Pilot Program.
The Worst Parts of Lazarus Naturals
There are aspects of Lazarus Naturals that are not considered to be within industry best practices. Here are things to consider before you decide whether or not to do business with Lazarus Naturals.
- They do not use CO2 extraction. Although expensive, this is the safest and most effective extraction method. CO2 extraction can draw out phytonutrients with a 99% effectiveness rating.
- The Kosher solvent method can be safe and effective, as long as the team knows what they are doing. Lazarus Naturals does appear to be safety-minded and responsible. This is why third-party testing is so important. It demonstrates that no dangerous chemicals are in these products.
That’s it! There is one potential issue with this company. Chances are, they chose the Kosher solvent method for a reason. Having a team of cannabis experts shows that they are able to manage this extraction method without worry.
What is CBD and Why is it So Popular?
The cannabis plant is known for its two most infamous cannabinoids, THC and CBD, but it actually contains about 113 cannabinoids in total. CBD is non-intoxicating but still provides all the benefits of THC, making it a growing trend.
CBD is extracted from hemp, with industrialized hemp being the most popular form. After the passing of the Farm Bill in December of 2018, it became legal to grow hemp domestically under regulations established by the USDA.
Since CBD is non-intoxicating, it is not illegal like THC is. In fact, it has been observed that CBD may be able to reduce the euphoria felt by THC. That being said, rules vary by state, so check with your local laws to see if you are allowed to possess or use CBD before deciding to make a purchase.
When beginning to use CBD, it is important to start with a small dose and work your way up. A common way to start is to use a half dropper or quarter dropper (for standard potency) twice a day and increase your dosage as necessary until you feel comfortable.
Some factors that may influence your dosing protocol include:
NOTE: We always advise you discuss with your primary care physician prior to beginning any type of dosing regimen or new supplement.
- Body Chemistry
- Other metabolic factors
Everyone responds to any medicine in different ways, and CBD is no different.
How Should I Use CBD for My Condition?
This is something we are unable to advise. Only a medical doctor can prescribe how and in what manner you should use any supplement or medication.
Below, for educational purposes, we’ve included a few popular ways others have claimed to have had success with CBD dosing to improve their general health and well-being.
The most common way to use CBD is as an oil ingested under the tongue. There are, however, a variety of ways to use CBD.
Here, we highlight a few popular methods:
- CBD oil is the most efficient way to take CBD. Some do not like how it tastes, but flavored varieties may help with that. CBD is absorbed quickly into the bloodstream through this method and consistent use over a few months may improve overall health.
- Vaping CBD can be done using special juices. You will have to check with your pen manufacturer and Lazarus Naturals to see if any of their products are usable in a vape cartridge. This method allows the lungs to deposit CBD quickly into the bloodstream.
- Topical creams and lotions are good for rashes, bruises, sore muscles, and other topical conditions. It can also improve the overall health of your skin.
- Lip balm provides your lips with moisture, along with delivering CBD to your body. This method may take a little longer to feel the effects as the CBD is absorbed.
- With capsules, you have to swallow the pill and wait for it to disperse throughout your body. CBD must first be processed by the liver.
Using CBD for Anxiety
Among the other conditions, many individuals and some studies claim that CBD may be helpful for anxiety. While more research is needed, many users across the internet have reported great personal success with CBD for this purpose.
Over 264 million people suffer from some form of anxiety. Often, this also leads to depression. The medicines being used to treat these conditions can be just as dangerous than the conditions themselves, if not more.
Many pharmaceuticals can become addicting, with drugs related to anxiety and depression being responsible for approximately 30% of the overdoses that occur each year. These opioids are a serious issue and can even cause unwanted side effects such as:
- Impaired memory
- Low blood pressure
Despite all these issues, doctors continue to prescribe these medications on a regular basis. If you are interested in trying CBD for your anxiety, or other issues, talk to your doctor about giving it a try.
How the Endocannabinoid System Regulates Anxiety with CBD
The endocannabinoid system is a natural system in our bodies. This system regulates inflammation, helps with pain perception, assists with mood management, and more. Receptors are located in our nervous system, all along the spinal cord and in the brain. There are also receptors in our immune system.
Because of this, CBD is thought to help the endocannabinoid system to produce more of the cannabinoids our body already uses. While some cannabinoids simply bind to these receptors, CBD may actually modifies the receptor to be more efficient.
- One of the cannabinoid molecules produced naturally by our body is known as “the bliss molecule”. Anandamide, as it is otherwise called, can be better preserved through the use of CBD, resulting in an elevated mood and relaxed body.
- This natural anti-depressant is often not produced at high enough levels to battle daily stress. CBD helps our anandamide levels to stay high which may act to lower perceived levels of stress in the body.
The Different Ways CBD May Potentially Help Your Body
People everywhere are reporting success with physical and mental health issues through the use of CBD.
While more research is needed to confirm these case studies and reports, the initial feedback from users around the world is overwhelmingly positive and encouraging.
Some of the ailments that users have claimed CBD to be useful for include:
- Skeletal and muscular injury
- Headaches and migraines
- Nerve damage
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Muscular Sclerosis
- And more…
How to Store Your CBD
By using proper storage methods, you can extend the life of your CBD products. This is very useful given the expensive nature of these products.
- While refrigeration is not required, it will help your product have a longer shelf life. Set it out before use, however, to allow it to thin back out.
- Another option is to store your CBD in a cool, dry place, such as the pantry. This is similar to how you would store items such as honey.
- Shake well before each use.
- It is best to keep the CBD away from direct heat and away from sunlight.
- Make sure your cap is on tight after each use.
By following these tips, you will greatly extend the shelf life of your CBD.
Lazarus Naturals is the Natural Solution You Need
Overall, this company offers a wonderful product at a fraction of the price. High potency lines are often over $200, but at Lazarus Naturals, you can find high potency for much cheaper. They also have discounts for those in financial need.
As with anything we choose to put in our bodies, it is important to know that the CBD oil we consume is safe. Lazarus Naturals makes sure the source hemp is safe, the product is safe, and that the extraction method is safe. By doing this testing and publishing the results, this company makes it easy for the buyer to do the necessary research to feel comfortable consuming their product.
In an industry that is not yet regulated for consumer safety, Lazarus Naturals goes the extra step to show that they have consumer health in mind. Their products are unique, potent, and affordable. Lazarus Naturals loves to serve its customers, and it shows.